2008-11-11

My first pot of gold

In August 1989, the sophomore summer, and I am co-Wang of the National I wrote the first official work BITLOK encryption software is mainly used to protect software intellectual property from piracy. At that time, he graduated from the school, run by a computer sales company, we use the evening and weekend hours in their company's computer products to complete research and development. In 1991 I wrote BITLOK The second version, in 1996 when I leave to write a BITLOK 3.0. BITLOK market was shrinking, and I have no further developed.
At that time, BITLOK famous, and many well-known software company to buy our products, such as UF, Jinshan, and so on. BITLOK write, never thought much money, just as they like. According to Wang recent memories of the country, finished BITLOK 0.99, he's 50 overtime to give me. Together, this is my first written BITLOK earn the money. Did not think that was BITLOK selling well, we actually profit of 100 million. This is my life to make the first pot of gold.
I attach in May 1996 in the BBS to write BITLOK on the development process, to commemorate 10 years of my career programmers.

I wrote this for seven years BITLOK
May 1996 was on the point of Shanxi BBS

BITLOK is my friend and amateur development of encryption software. I was involved in the development from the beginning of 2089, seven have been set, BITLOK from the original version 0.99 is a rise of 3.0. The journey of life, not a very long seven years, but as a small product development, is not too short. This is seven years, I have a Changbian product development in the process of ups and downs to the text of which Xu Xu taste.
In 2087 I went to Wuhan University computer science, computer courses from the beginning of the first door I fell in love with a computer, heat is far more than previously had been fascinated by stamp collecting, such as Go. Since the school computer, I also do not seem to love the other, the computer has become my life at that time only. I am not going to have a dorm room wild Ken Hill and libraries around the East West leisure read, it no longer has the Wanzi Xi quiet over the weekend and the excitement of the cinema, even at the cost of computer science to the regular truancy.
I am a computer science from the "bubble room" of the start. At that time, computers have not been so popular, computer science room PC does not drive all the more than 15 units on the natural tension machine. My solution to the problem of local know-how is the "bubble", a day to stay in rooms Moceng. I have the best luck is not to others, the availability of the machine; do not know if I can use to guide the machine with a will; it is not, look at the exciting side of the table. "Bubble room" is a very painful thing, and what not to speak of the encounter room administrator, is to let you go in life and death. General would like to be on the bubble room an hour ahead of time to line up in front, Wuhan winter heating is not very cold, but the rooms also have to wear slippers, we have a room next to the air in front of the room wearing slippers and so on a More than an hour already shivering with cold, but I never get tired of delivering. Later, I go too frequently, so that was my room administrator Jian Zhao, do not ask, do not have a ticket out on the boom.
Computer science is an opportunity that is not easy, and even now not using the computer, playing games is still a sense of guilty, that too a waste of time.

First, the development of the journey into the
At first, I had self BITLOK, referred to as "Diaochongxiaoji"

The next semester sophomore year, when the school would like to learn almost everything, there is a particularly strong performance of the desire: Can Xiedianshenme software, so that we all used to. At that time, I think, in the domestic software to do, we must master the Chinese to deal with encryption and the two most crucial technology. Chinese is an obstacle to the development of Chinese software that allows Chinese users to enjoy the world is not easy to synchronize the results of the latest software, Chinese software industry is also a natural barrier, not a Chinese cultural environment grew up in the programmer is difficult to break through the barriers, so China will protect the Chinese software industry is also China's software market and hope. Encryption technology is the guarantee of product sales, domestic piracy seriously, no encryption software distributor was not willing to sell.
In order to write software after more convenient, I would consider writing an encryption tool. In the first half of 2089, I wrote a prototype. Later this to be the prototype products, mainly because I know Wang of the National partners. At that time, there are as many as the world is such a coincidence, I write encryption software in the core, he is to write encryption software interface co-operation has become very natural. We plan to spend half a month's time to construct a practical software available. Finally, we have completed on time, I still clearly remember the time it is completed on August 17, 1989.
During this cooperation, the workload is very large, very hard work from General late into the night on February 3, on co-sleeping clothes on the sofa, and eight other people to go to work the next day, we have to get up. Down half a month, two people lost a lap, dirty clothes have accumulated a lot. There is a Sunday, from morning until the evening, go out to eat, to see the sunset, when we also had a joke: When we see the sun, the sun has been a downhill.
Although we only spent half a month to develop, then we did not expect a decision will adhere to the development of seven years.
Finished products, we are very excited, thinking for the development of our team missing you get a resounding name. Before seen a movie called "mysterious yellow roses," said a Chupuanliang the mysterious figure, we do encryption software to curb piracy, the use of the story, named Yellow Rose. We have the product name BITLOK, version number set to 0.99, because the really good version of the product from a fair distance.
In this way, BITLOK 0.99 was born.
This version is not successful, but I stirred up the development of software products enthusiasm and confidence, and then developed a small number of products. At that time, I am enormously proud of his success, a hero of the story from time to time in Silicon Valley burning my chest, always dreamed of one day be able to create a first-class software companies, all over the world use our software, they do not chip in the development of these products. I have self BITLOK, referred to as "Diaochongxiaoji."

Second, re-starting stove
No one to share the happy days, I alone completed BITLOK 1.0

Beijing is China's computer industry in the Holy Land. Graduated, I went to Beijing for a very dedicated, as fly-e, like fire. I think, than Beijing, Wuhan, a lot of information to well-informed, should the market higher. When the other students have chosen Shenzhen and Guangzhou, where the bank notes on the grand occasion, I do not have any heart.
Dry with a big cause of the heart, assigned to a research institute, a large part in the project. While working in rural areas, wages are low, I did not care, but has been involved in large projects can not find the feeling. During that time, as time passes very slowly, slower that one does not know how to kill.
At this moment, I have known Suqi Jiang when he was UF's deputy general manager, he suggested that I continue to develop encryption software. In this way, although I do not want to further the development of small, but have no other choice but to continue to develop a new version of BITLOK. From the development of the first version of my graduating from college, over two years, the level has increased, look back at the past, decided to rewrite the ground.
This time to write software that is much more trouble than before, to go to work during the day, although the Office of the little things can do, but not other competent, but also over the weekend to Zhongguancun will be friends. In this way, my only Monday to Friday evening. At that time, in order to save time, I have often used the evening hours to arrange the schedule. Sometimes, if Wanbu Cheng plans to do overnight. Though tired, dry overnight, but there are also some kind of spiritual comfort. Often the early morning, silence, and I still a work in front of the computer, then there is a great spirit inspired me: I sleep with other people's work time. This time the computer fan noise and Qiaojian Pan has become the voice of sweet music.
Dry overnight and most profound memories of times there is a 4:00, finished the procedure, save the time of death, to back up the file into a zero-byte, and the next day I have to give the presentation of this process. I can not have the whole night to rewrite all of the work, I have spent, I do not know what else I can say. Hostel with friends woke up, help me from the hard disk's first find sector, took two hours to find all back. I was a friend joked that I was quick to cry out.
At that time we can see the hard work by think, as the beginning of the work, not good sense of late, this is only marginally less sleep their point. However, I faced the most painful Kulei is not, nor is it too low pay, but not happy to share. I have often encountered a storm, no one would help solve; to spend a lot of effort to resolve, dancing for joy, and no one to share. "Independent and happy as people with music", in that period of time, like "Fun with the public" can only "happy alone." How sad!
No one to share the happy days, I finally completed the BITLOK 1.0.
As the development of products, without the support of friends and customers, which is very sad, but only those who have the courage to develop a lonely, lonely willing, may also develop a good product. This version of the software was a lot of software companies to choose from, such as UF, like super, and so on Gold Mountain, BITLOK after the encryption software in more than one million of Taiwan's computer use. This is what I am very encouraged by the favor.

Third, the real commodity software
Software products, optical technology is not enough

In order to achieve the dream of developing the software, I Fangu obligation to join the Kingsoft, as well as in the past invited partners to join together. In the large-scale development of the software (the software that is the later "Pangu components" in part) apart, BITLOK development is the only amateur.
Jinshan in the fraternity environment, a number of colleagues to help me a lot of work to complete and more worthy of mention is that a completed version of my colleagues on the decryption to test, identify problems and then told me that I would like to improve, so many times, the last Only stereotypes. BITLOK 1.2 is relying on the collective strength to complete the development.
BITLOK this time is already a well-conceived software products, but never as a true commodity software sales have been on the shelf. BITLOK Technically, a more mature, but from the market, the equivalent of a laboratory or work. In 2093, a friend interested in selling, I insisted that BITLOK an amateur product. Later in the friend time and again to persuade the next, BITLOK have a chance to put on the shelf. The very best friends, product information and technical services are under a lot of effort, BITLOK quickly won a lot of customers.
BITLOK in technology combined with our friends in publicity and the service has become a real commodity. If a product is no marketing, sales and after-sales service and so on a number of assurances, it is not a real commodity software. If there are no friends that are very hard to promote, BITLOK never be as genuine software products. The friend, I have a lot of gratitude.
It is clear that the commercial software, optical technology is not enough.

Fourth, the eternal promise
Not only belong to the developers, but also belong to the user

After several years of development, BITLOK always insisted on the development, a series of versions, many of the users, they have made a lot of good suggestions, we also insist on their views to the integrated product. This, BITLOK more welcomed by users. From here I get to a conclusion, product developers and users is a product of cooperation, not only belong to the developers, but also belong to the user. If BITLOK than similar software is good, is the adoption of user opinions.
BITLOK has made some progress, we calmly analyzed the encryption software market and found several problems: First, only encryption software developers to use it, the market is very small, less than a year over the market as a whole package, as an amateur Interest, but also to accept, as the company's development projects, it is not appropriate; Second, as the software market to the prosperity that some software does not start testing the sale of encryption method, which is the software development market. That many of my friends do not have to do the encryption software.
I am also very confused: in the end still do it or not?
I know a lot of friends in the development of encryption software, often told me that some new methods of decryption and decryption tools, old customers are asked to call the new version of the proposed development and revisions. This time, I feel a lot of pressure: the product also belongs to the user, I would like to stop and not be able to stop the won. If you can not become the company's development projects, it will continue to be interested in the development of the good, but I will be even tougher point. No matter what is said, BITLOK many users need to upgrade maintenance. As for the future development of the market, there is a fairly long process. Furthermore, in the United States, there are a lot of professional encryption software.
In the past I have always thought that BITLOK is a small, is interested in their development. When BITLOK behind with the support of so many users, I can not agree with his point of view of the past, users of these made me feel pressure, it can have a lot of sense. With or without economic benefits, I determined to write a new 3.0, users in the past solve the various problems in the past to allow users to upgrade once.
This year, I have always wanted to have time to block his re-writing process, but their day-to-day work is very heavy. Finally, take only a few months, with the help of many friends, all of the rewriting of code.
On the basis of the existing patchwork, is not the way to changes in the course of many years, BITLOK more than 30,000 lines of code. As an amateur program, has not had a short, it is difficult to modify. However, to rewrite all of their procedures and also to have a great deal of courage. In the original experience, the use of a number of breakthroughs in technology, I still spend a great deal of effort has been finished BITLOK 3.0. BITLOK 3.0 no matter how well written, I had heart.
I think that if there BITLOK people, I would certainly take the time to defend; if no one used, it had to "put to an end", I have the "hand-washing."

No comments: